Senior Back-End & Data Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced back-end & data engineer to help us build the next generation of exciting data-driven products.
Your primary focus will be on the development of business logic and the definition & setup of databases. You will also ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from multiple applications.
You discover information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. You enjoy statistical analyses and building recommendation systems.
You will be involved in all projects from concept to completion and have a decisive voice throughout the entire project. This includes analysing existing solutions and making recommendations for both the technical approach and the architecture.
Experimenting with libraries, solutions, and new data tools is second nature to you. A sufficient foundation of skills is required, but your drive and passion are your most important assets.
- Good programming skills, with knowledge of DDD.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Solid applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- You're able to analyse quickly and clearly communicate your findings.
- You know how to work with MySQL or NoSQL databases.
- You can use and create safe & efficient APIs and get along well with GraphQL.
- You keep reusability in mind.
- For the perfect collaboration, you have demonstrable experience with Git and CircleCI.
- Affinity with cloud solutions in AWS or Azure is a huge plus.
- Experience with common data science toolkits (such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab) is a plus.
- Experience with AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Affinity with data visualisation and open data is a plus.
- You're an early adopter who is always curious about how to do more and do better.
- You want to be part of our knowledge-sharing culture, both within and outside of our team (with our international friends and subsidiaries).
- You have a positive attitude and are keen to get it "right", though of course as a team player.
- Your solution-oriented nature helps you come up with fixes, even if you can't find them on StackOverflow.
- You don't try to come up with code that already exists.
- You like the idea of open-source communities and cloud-based solutions.
- A warm welcome from our tight-knit and highly skilled team.
- Grade A projects for interesting clients such as Club Brugge, Studio 100, VRT, UGent, ...
- You can speak 1-on-1 with our lead devs during the selection process (they'll happily get into all of the nitty-gritty details).
- The opportunity to work on the latest tools and experiences for national and international organisations.
- The best hardware available.
- The latest platforms available (VR dev kits, Apple dev kits, Arduino kits, …).
- Flexible working hours (really flexible..).
- Work from home or in our cosy office in Bruges, near the E40 and the station.
- A generous budget for books, training, or conferences.
- An attractive salary with extras.
- Fun and inspiring conversations during the daily lunch :)
- We encourage personal growth by giving you the opportunity to develop your own ideas and products.
Interested in securing your spot?
A cover letter isn’t essential; your portfolio is!